Essential Care Instructions For Natural Stone.
Dry-Treat Stain Proof Application
Emperor Stone is an authorized Dry-Treat Accredited Applicator. Dry-Treat manufactures innovative sealers for porous building materials, such as granite, marble & engineering stone. It provides great stain protection, and it able to protect from serious common structural damage caused by liquids, such as salt attack, efflorescence, freeze-thaw damage, spalling and picture framing and inhibits the growth of mosses and moulds in the pores of the treated material.
- Unique impregnating sealer technology. Specially engineered molecules penetrate much deeper, and bond permanently inside the sealed material.
- Lasts many times longer than other sealers and provides unparalelled protection.
- Permanent sealer designed for indoor or outdoor use.
- Protects against water and oil-based staining.
- Repels graffiti.
- Protects from salt attack and freeze thaw damage.
- Ideal as a wall, counter-top, facade or floor sealer.
- Engineered for sealing natural stone, paving, tiles, grout and concrete.
- Sealed areas keep their original appearance, become easier to clean.
- No special cleaners are required. Standard non-acidic cleaning chemicals will not harm the sealer.
- STAIN-PROOF Original™ even stands up to commercial cleaning techniques such as high pressure hosing.
- Maintains slip resistance of the surface.
- Suitable for homes and large scale commercial applications.
- Written 15 year performance warranty is available when STAIN-PROOF Original™ is applied by a Dry-Treat Accredited Applicator.
STAIN-PROOF Original™ has proven its worth in homes and iconic buildings, malls and monuments all over the world.
Warranty: A 15-YEAR PERFORMANCE WARRANTY is offered when product applied by an Accredited Applicator following our written instructions and surface is maintained regularly using our written maintenance system, as outlined in our warranty document. Spills should still be cleaned up immediately to minimize absorption.
General Cleaning Procedures & Recommendations
- Clean stone surfaces with a cleaner designated safe for natural stone.
- Use a clean mop on floors and a soft cloth for other surfaces for best results.
- Don't use more than the recommended amount of any cleaning product.
- Too much may leave a film, causing streaks.
- Change rinse water frequently.
- Do not use products that contain lemon, vinegar or other acids on marble, travertine or limestone as these can etch the surface of the stone.
- Do not use scouring powders or creams; these products contain abrasives that may scratch the surface.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do dust mop floors frequently.
- Do clean surfaces with a neutral stone cleaner.
- Do thoroughly rinse and dry the surface after washing.
- Do blot up spills immediately.
- Do protect floor surfaces with non-slip mats or area rugs and counter top surfaces with coasters, trivets or place mats, particularly under those containing alcohol or citrus juices. Many common foods and drinks contain acids that will etch or dull the stone surface.
- Don't place hot items directly on the stone surface. Use trivets or mats under hot dishes and place mats under china, ceramics, silver or other objects that can scratch the surface.
- Don't use vinegar, lemon juice or other cleaners containing acids on marble, limestone, travertine or onyx surfaces.
- Don't use cleaners that contain acid such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners or tub & tile cleaners.
- Don't use abrasive cleaners such as dry cleansers or soft cleansers.
- Don't mix bleach and ammonia; this combination creates a toxic and lethal gas.
Dust mop interior floors frequently using a clean non-treated dry dust mop. Sand, dirt and grit do the most damage to natural stone surfaces due to their abrasiveness. Mats or area rugs inside and outside an entrance will help to minimize the sand, dirt and grit that can scratch a stone floor. Be sure that the underside of the mat or rug is a non-slip surface. Do not use vacuum cleaners that are worn, the metal or plastic attachments may scratch the surface.
Bathrooms & Kitchens
Bath and Other Wet Areas: In the bath / shower or other wet areas, soap scum can be minimized by using a squeegee after each use.
Counter/Vanity Top Surfaces: Clean your countertops daily with a soft cloth or paper towel and a residue free cleaner designated safe for natural stone.
If streaking occurs:
- Buff the countertop with a clean white terry cloth or paper towel if streaking occurs.
- For additional lustre, occasionally apply a good stone polish to the surface of your countertops.
- Seal if Necessary
Countertops may need to have a penetrating sealer applied. If a sealer is applied, be sure that it is non-toxic and safe for use in food preparation surfaces.
Outdoor Pool & Patio Areas
In outdoor pool, patio or hot tub areas, flush with clear water and use a mild bleach solution to remove algae or moss.
Stain Treatment and Other Issues
If possible, immediately blot spills with a clean paper towel. If something has soaked into the stone and stained it, a poultice may need to be applied.
Your natural stone and grout may need to be periodically sealed. For small jobs, you can purchase the product and do it yourself, or contact us to perform the service for you.